We are petitioning the Texas Governor and state legislature to end ill-conceived and destructive “Texas' web innovation tax”. In particular, we are calling on the state to follow the recommendations of the Subcommittee on General Taxability of Internet Transactions to repeal the Data Processing and Information Services tax rules that are being abused to apply a broad tax on web innovation.
Click on the orange box to the left to review and sign the petition.
If any of the below describe you, you are affected by these laws and should strongly consider supporting the petition.
- provider of web related professional services, e.g. online marketer, web designer, application developer,
- any organization in the State of Texas that relies on the web and access to quality web resources
- anyone who cares about innovation and economic development in the State of Texas
- anyone who cares about stimulating science and math education in the State of Texas
- anyone who cares about the free exchange of information on the Internet
Add the petition to your site!
Just copy the embed code and paste it into your blog or website.